Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Steam Engine/ Sepia Scenes

Steam locomotive, Memorial Park, Lindsay, Ontario

It was more fun climbing this train than photographing it as there were two trains in this park so close together that it was difficult to take a decent shot.  I'm thinking that whoever planned this display was NOT a photographer.

Side view of steam locomotive

However, it brought back many memories for my husband whose uncle was an engineer and let him climb into a similar cab when he was a kid.

  To view other Sepia Scenes visit MaryT, theTeach at http://sepiascenes.blogspot.com

12 comments:

Colleen said...

These are perfect for sepia. They look like you could have cut these photos out of an old newspaper. Very cool.

Pam said...

As a child I enjoyed watching the old steam engines as they passed through the train station in town.

Small City Scenes said...

These are great and look like you didn't need sepia because they just look the part. Does that make sense? The town od Snoqualmie
has a train graveyard and museum--really neat. MB

Kramer said...

I like it when the photos are interactive, more fun climbing than taking... Number 409 and its feelings, looks like a perfect Sepia contender.

Ma.links said...

Great old lookning shots :)

Ralph said...

Sepia adds a look of the past to many things. These locomotives seem from a photo shoot from 100 years ago. Classic is the operative work in this wonderful scene!

kaye said...

what a great old engine.

Icy BC said...

Love these photos, they look great in sepia!

Cezar and Léia said...

Adorable!I love these old engines!Wonderful post!
Léia

Jacob said...

Very nice. I love old trains. And posted one similar to this on Florida Fotos not long ago. Don't see many of these any more.

Lennie said...

Locomotives and sepia can never go wrong. Beautiful pictures!

Rose said...

I would love to climb on them; you still managed to get some fantastic shots.

Friends who encourage me

Blog Archive

About Me

My Photo
East Gwillimbury is a rural town less than an hour north of Toronto, Canada's largest city. My family calls me CameraGirl because I take my camera with me wherever I go.